Friday 9 October 2009

Happy Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! I'm still working like mad to get ready for The Big Bead Show. Yeah, that's me, plugging the show AGAIN! I've also had a few custom orders for necklaces lately (everyone just loves Diane's ribbons, of course!) and here are my two favourites (well, I have another favourite but I don't want to show it because it's a gift for a friend's sister - shhhh) Anyway! Above is my Golden Dream Tree Focal that I've turned into a pendant and hung from Diane's glorious ribbon. It is hard to see in the picture but the ribbon is a delicious variegated apricot with gold stitching. PERFECT for the Golden Dream Tree!

Here is my Lexi Kitty Focal on another of Diane's gorgeous ribbons. Doesn't it just look like it was made for this bead?! *swoon* I lovelovelove the pink and purple together. I have also just had to beg Diane to make me more ribbons as I'm running a bit low!

And here are some bead sets for the show! I'm creating a whole new range of sets that are easy on the wallet. These sets will each have one whimsical focal, four cute feature beads (polka dots, raised dots, etc.) and two spacers. The best part? These sets are all under £15! I will be premiering this range at the show. I'll also be listing them on my website after the show for those of you who won't be able to attend. Now you can have a bit of whimsy without the bigger price tag ;)

Here is my current dilemma.. maybe you'd all like to help me out. On the left is my original Christmas tree focal design. On the right is my new Christmas tree focal design. Which one do you prefer? I like both but I'd like to hear what all of you think. Please leave a comment and let me know which you prefer and why. I'll be ever-so-grateful :)

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I'm looking forward to a somewhat lazy weekend. I'm still tired from LAST weekend! Heehee :)

Love,
keiara

P.S.- I have put my Etsy shop on 'Vacation Mode' until after the show. I will open the shop back up on Monday, October 19. In the meantime if there is a custom order you'd like to place, please feel free to email me! Thanks for your understanding :)





12 comments:

Claireabelle said...

fab-U-lous beads Keira! those ribbons are just to die for too!

As for your festive beads, well I think both your trees are fabby but if I HAD to choose, I think the one on the right would take it, just because I like the smooth lines that run around it
x

FairlyGirly said...

I really love Lexi kitty, gorgeous. I too like the tree on the right, I just seem to be drawn to that one more, as Claireabelle said it could be the straight lines that do it!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

Thanks for the compliments! And thanks for the input too, I really appreciate it :) Hubby likes the one on the right too.. I think I'm sensing a pattern here! ;) Have a great weekend! xox

Sophie said...

I can't wait for The Big Bead show - and I think I'm gonna have to get one of those sets! They are gorgeous!
I love both of those Christmas trees so it's a tough one - I think I'll go with the one on the left though, but only because I think it looks a little bit more like a Christmas tree than the one on the right hehe :) They're both really lovely though. xx

Manuela said...

Wish you good luck and a wonderful show, your work is wonderful and I wish I could be there to see it in real.
xxxoxxx

Manuela

Shelley said...

Hmm, wonder who the friend with a sister is :) Wish I could visit you at the show. I'm going to go against the flow...I like the wavy tree. Looks rather vintage.

Have a great week! Mwah.

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

thanks everyone for the feedback!

trinket box: I look forward to seeing you there! Don't forget to give me a poke and introduce yourself!

Manuela: I wish you could come! It would be wonderful to see you in person :)

Shelley: Gee, I don't know... ;) I wish you could come too! Looks like the tree votes are pretty even. I'll make some of each!

Thanks everyone for the votes! xox

Jo Bailey said...

I think you should make some of each as there are people who like both! my only comment is that the one on the right has a more appealing transparency, but the one on the left is more classic.

Jo

Kralalien said...

Oh wow, your cupcake sets are the best!!! They are so cute!
And the x-mas trees are both great. I like the transparancy in the right one, but I like the decoration of the left one. Maybe just combine and do all? :)

x Carolien

Crafting with Mel said...

Both Christmas trees are very pretty but I like the one on the right best. I like the clean gold lines and the fact the glasss looks slightly more transparent
Good luck with the show!
Melaniex

How To Eat A Cupcake said...

Ahh I <333 the kitty bead!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

thank you everyone for your comments! I have decided I will just keep on making both kinds ;) all of your thoughts and opinions have been a great help to me. THANK YOU!! <3






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!