Thursday 7 October 2010

food and holiday-themed beads!

Hi everyone!

I'm still preparing for the Big Bead Show (OMG - it's almost here!!!!) and I thought the Cupcake Queen (as I've been dubbed by the community) should probably have, you know, CUPCAKES for sale! I made a few up yesterday in various styles and sizes. I just love cupcakes! (Speaking of which: I may have bought a cupcake salt and pepper set and a cupcake tote bag the other day. The boy wanted to know why I needed the salt and pepper shakers since I already have some gorgeous purple Fiestaware ones. I shook my head sadly and told him that he would never understand. It's all about THEMES, people!! When I have a tea party and use all my cupcake things, how awesome will it be to have salt and pepper shakers, too?!? Of course now I have to find an excuse to cook food that requires salt and pepper for a tea party.. hmm..!)

And why stop at cupcakes? I've tried my hand at pancakes and eggs before but I hadn't quite had the nerve to try a coffee cup. HA! It's a teeny bit wonky, but I am VERY pleased with my first attempt! I see more of these in the near future.. maybe with some bacon and a glass of juice!

Earring pairs tend to be very popular at the show so I've been making lots of them. Here are some micro owls, bats, zombie bears, snowgirls and Rudolphs. They're super mini and SOOOO much fun to make! You just can't help but giggle when you look at them :)

Here is a pair of the micro owls in my hand to show off their exceedingly teeny statures! They're only about 10-11mm tall! Teehee :)

In other news: I've opened an ArtFire shop! If you haven't visited it yet, please go have a look :)

As always there are plenty of beads in my by keiara Etsy shop and also in my by keiara webshop just waiting to come home with you.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

Love,
keiara

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Your beads always put a smile on my face. SO damn cute!

Jane said...

As you know I shall (god willing!) be there with my trusty camera too and may even have my daughter with me if she is off shift in time..?? I so love themed beads Keiara and those new Rudolfs are on my list!
Keep torching, love Jane XX

Pretty Things said...

SO adorable. I love all the beads you do!

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

thanks, girls!! hope to see you there, Jane!!! xox






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!