Tuesday 7 September 2010

Happy Tuesday - have some links!

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my little Munchkin turned 15! I can't quite believe it. Kaia is growing up so fast and she's such a great kid. I'm a lucky girl :) She asked for some lil bits, kooky kritters and classic cats, all turned into jewellery, for her birthday so now she has even MORE cuteness in her jewellery collection. It's nice to have such a loyal fan.. heehee ;) Above is a picture of some of my latest lil bits. They've proven quite popular so I added their own made-to-order section in my by keiara webshop. Check it out!

This cute kooky kitten, Blossom, is now available in my by keiara Etsy shop. I created her with one of my favourite frit blends. I just love those colours!

I also listed this big hole bead, Faerie Whispers, in my by keiara Etsy shop. My big hole beads fit Troll, Pandora, Biagi and similar bracelet systems. Of course, I wear mine in my dreads! They're a great accessory :)

So how was your weekend? I had a nice, relaxing time catching up on episodes of True Blood and Doctor Who. My favourite Doctor is still Christopher Eccleston with David Tennant in second. I'm still not sold on this new Doctor although his companion is quite darling! Redheads rule ;) I also ended up making some lemon cupcakes and a super yummy chili. I really should have taken some pictures but, ummm, it didn't last long enough for that ;) I'm in a baking mood today but haven't decided what to make yet. I called my mother and got her American biscuit recipe (similar to scones) and I've been dying to make some so maybe that'll win out. I also have a craving for brownies, though, so maybe it'll be both! Ohh, I have all the stuff to make the chocolate chip cookie topped brownies. If you haven't had these yet, PLEASE do yourself a favour and make some up! I spread some chocolate fudge icing on top and they were super yummy :) I used the recipe on Bakerella's website. She's my hero :)

Ok, off to bake! Have a wonderful day :)

Love,
keiara




5 comments:

Christine said...

I'm with you....I had a HARD time warming up to the new Doctor. My heart belonged to David Tennant. But, sloowly I'm coming 'round to Matt Smith, although he is awfully young to be the Doctor, isn't he?
Either way, I love Doctor Who and I'm so glad I can get BBC America so I can watch it!

LOVE the kitties, especially Blossom!

Kralalien said...

Congrats on the little missie! The lil' bits are looking cute again sweetie and you shouldn't have shared the link to bakerella, now I'm drooling on my keyboard. Haven't even eten breakfast... ;-)

Hugs! Carolien

Noodlefish Crafts said...

Hi hun, I love the lil critters, bits and cats very, very cute indeed :) Happy 15th to Kaia! Wish I was 15 again *sigh*, hope she had a wonderful day! :) Agree with you on the Doctors, since its re launch I've always preferred Christopher Eccleston. David Tennant grew on me, though imo stayed in the part too long. Not convinced by Matt Smith yet. Will check out the Bakerella site. Hoping to find time to make some chocolate caramel shortbread this week :) xx

Jane said...

I hope your daughter had a great (2nd) birthday celebration in the States.I love the Piggy Lil bit Keiara, such a cutie.I am so looking forward to the Big Bead show, I may even have my daughter with me (fingers crossed she may not be working that weekend and will be coming up to stay).
Speak soon, love Jane xx

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

thanks, everyone! I've only seen the very first episode of the new ones with Matt Smith so I haven't really given him much of a chance but I'm just not buying him as the Doctor.. lol :)

Ooh, Jane, can't wait to see you! Hope your daughter can make it! xox






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!