Friday 30 January 2009

have a sweet weekend!

Here's my handful of sweet treat beads I made yesterday :) I couldn't seem to stop myself! I love whimsical beads and sweeties are definitely my favourite. Who doesn't smile at the mere sight of a cupcake? Or is that just me? Hmm..! Anyway, I'll be putting some of the beads up for sale and turning some of them into pendants for sale in my Etsy shop.

Valentine's Day is drawing ever closer and I'm so excited! I know, I know, I'm so very American with my big celebrations but, hey, it makes me happy. I've already made myself a set of jewellery and have some decorations for the house. I bought a heart-shaped cake tin so I'll be baking a pretty heart cake too :) Mmm cake.. ooh, sorry, I got distracted! Funny story: In America we give everyone Valentine's cards. Even little kids in school get big packs of cards and give one to every child in their class. When I moved over here, I didn't know that you normally only give cards to your significant other. My in-laws thought I was a bit nuts when I was texting everyone with 'Be My Valentine' and whatnot. Well, ok, I *am* a bit nuts, but this is not the point! Do I have a point? Not really. I suppose the point is I like to decorate and bake and spread holiday cheer, no matter the holiday, and even if people think I'm a bit crazy I bet it makes them smile. A little. I hope. :)

Enough of my rambling :) I'm off to the post. Be on the lookout for new items coming up for sale soon on my website and on Etsy.

Oh and go have a look at Sam's blog. She's made her first fish and he is SO cute! Have a great weekend :)

Love,
keiara

5 comments:

Saffie said...

Aww thanks ;-) have a fab weekend see you wednesday and Valentines is about spreading the lurve!!! there ain't enough around and we should be more caring about others!!! So go you and have fun!!!

ChatElaine said...

What lovely treats I LOVE CAKE! Yes I really really do!!!! Cake and ice cream!! Slap wrist I'm on a DIET! Have fun on Valentine's Day!

Karen said...

ooohhhhh they look yummy

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

thanks girls :) I had a great time making them too. I'm still feelin' quite 'sweet' so look out for more sweeties coming soon! ;D Hope you all have a lovely Valentine's Day <3 xox

Laura said...

I think the idea of extending valentines day out is a really lovely one - I might try it this year, if I can make the time for crafting!! :D






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!