Wednesday 7 July 2010

superheroes and an important lesson

Hi everyone!

Happy Wednesday :) It's the middle of the week and I am SO looking forward to this weekend! I'm not usually one to wish the days away but I might be wishing just a teeny, tiny bit that they'd go by a leeeeetle faster this week! ROLL ON FRIDAY!

I love cartoons. Yes. One of my favourites is Powerpuff Girls. I don't know if they show it here in England but it is SO cute! The Powerpuff Girls are little superhero munchkins and my favourite is Buttercup. Buttercup is the one with the bad attitude, of course! Above is my attempt at a Buttercup focal. I'm SOOOOO pleased with how she turned out! I think I shall have to make the other two also!

The Powerpuff Girls: Bubbles, Blossom and Buttercup. RAWR!!! They rule!

In ice cream news: I learned a very important lesson the other day and today I had my chance to implement it. I walked to the shop and they had Phish Food back in stock! OH HAPPY DAY! So I might have bought.. two.. whole.. pints.. just.. for.. myself. *coughs* HEY! I deserve it! For.. subjecting myself to that awful Caramel Chew Chew madness! Or something! Anyway. Now I feel quite secure in the knowledge that my freezer is full of chocolatey wonderfulness. And on to the funniest fact about me (which I probably shouldn't share because I'm obviously a freak of nature.. although we sorta already knew that, didn't we?) I like chocolate. No, that's not the part that makes me a freak, calm down and wait for it! I like chocolate. I like sweets. I like ice cream and cake and all manner of sticky, gooey treats. I buy these things. I have every (EVERY!) intention of eating them, I swear, I do! But I don't. I don't know why. They're like a sugary security blanket. I like knowing they're there, just in case I decide I need them. But, in reality, I generally end up eating maybe a few bites of ice cream then the pint languishes in my freezer until it's so frost-bitten that I throw it away. MADNESS! I mean, WHO DOES THAT? Well, apparently *I* do that, but you know what I'm saying. Last week I threw away a chocolate muffin, a big package of Dairy Milk chocolate (OH THE HUMANITY!) and a perfectly good bag of M&Ms. It's a sickness. Seriously. I need professional assistance!

Ok, then! Now that I have overshared.. I think I should get a move on. Ahem. Oh! I finally ordered new mini MOO cards and new address labels! After the move I had to write my return address by hand on all my packages and let me just tell you how annoying that is after you've become used to just using cute little address labels! EEK! So, new stuff on its way and I'm a happy girl once again :) It doesn't take much ;)

I hope you all have a beautiful day and have some sugar for me, ok? I'll just live vicariously through all of you ;)

Love,
keiara

P.S.- Lots of beads are still 10% off in my by keiara Etsy shop! Have a peek!

http://www.bykeiara.etsy.com/

http://www.bykeiara.co.uk/

4 comments:

Kralalien said...

Ow how cute she is!!! And how great you got the phish food! Just went to the Ben & Jerry's website, and they sell it over here too! Now I must go out and find a store that sells that one, to taste it! What was wrong with the Caramel Chew Chew? I love caramel, and since I saw they sell it over here too, I think I need to try it too... So please tell me why not to buy ;)

SteamPunkGlass said...

There must be something in the air, this week I made ice-cream for the first time! The machine has been hidden in a box for three years and finally got it churning away, but it makes such small amounts it seems hardly worth the effort- maybe you should try one and make lots of small batches of interesting flavours ;)

ChatElaine said...

What a totally fab Buttercup bead, Oh Yes we got it here alright! Miss B loved it (well to be honest I think it was me who loved it). Loved it so much all her animals were named after them, the rabbit is bubbles, and the two guinea pigs were blossom and buttercup! Sadly the pigs are now longer with us but the bunny is still plodding on getting very old, bless him! Oh I forgot when we first had the rabbit we thought 'he' was a 'she' but found out very quickly when he was in the run with the pigs!! Say no more! HA HA!

Also I must say 'YES YOU ARE TOTALLY STRANGE NOT EATING THE CHOCOLATE THAT YOU BUY'. But very lovely!! ♥♥♥

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

thanks, Carolien!! Mmm, you MUST get some Phish Food! It's soooooo good :) I *may* have eaten half a pint last night!! YUM :) Hmm, it's hard to say what's wrong with the Caramel Chew Chew. I LOVE caramel but there's just something about this I don't like. The ice cream itself is quite bland and there's not a lot of caramel swirl in it. The chocolate-covered caramel bites aren't very nice, either. It's odd. It just doesn't come together for me at all. I wouldn't buy it again :(

Glenn, I LOVE homemade ice cream! Used to have an ice cream maker and made lots of different kinds. My favourites were coffee and Bailey's but I did try to make some peanut butter & banana when Kaia was over. That was a disaster!! LOL!

Elaine, thanks, honey! I used to keep rats and I had Buttercup and Mojo Jojo! Heehee :) Aww, I'm soooo not strange!! LOL ;) I don't know why I do it, it's odd. I love sweets but I really have to be in a very particular mood to eat them or something. I have no clue!






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!