Friday 9 July 2010

Happy Halloween! wait.. what?!


Hi everyone!

I feel the need to do a list today. I'm sort of a list addict. Hello, my name is keiara, and I'm a list-aholic. It's true. So, I make lists. Lots of lists. And then you know what I do with them? Put them down and never look at them again! Cause, you know, what's more helpful than a list you never actually look at?! Have I mentioned lately I have issues. Yeah.

So! A list:

1. It's Friday! YAYAYAYAY!!!! I'm ridiculously excited about today and have been bouncing around (and cleaning my flat) for days now! So. Much. LOVE!!!

2. My studio WILL be set up by the end of next week if it kills me (and it might)! I can't wait to get back to custom orders and making my made-to-order collection. I know so many of you have been waiting so patiently and I really appreciate it.. thank you!

3. Kaia should be back in town at the end of next week! YAYAYAY! I've missed the Munchkin tons.. even though she was with me for three weeks in March/April and then I travelled back to Florida with her. Really I just miss her all the time :( AND! She's going to be 15 in September. Ok, seriously now, may I just say.. W.. T.. F!!! Fifteen?! When the heck did this happen?? I don't remember signing any permission slips saying my daughter was allowed to, like, grow up and stuff! Someone obviously forged my signature! I'm calling.. someone! Who deals with this sort of vile criminal behaviour! THE FEDS! I just like saying 'the Feds'. Of course you don't have 'the Feds' in England. Huh. That's really sad. What do you guys say? 'The Yard'? That sounds silly. I like it! I'M CALLING THE YARD! Of course to Americans 'the yard' means the garden.. usually behind the house. And how the heck did I get from Kaia visiting to explaining what 'the yard' means? Wow. I need to lay down.

4. HAPPY HALLOWEEN! Hahaha, you thought I was going to forget the whole point of this post, didn't you? It's ok. It wouldn't be the first time. *shifty eyes* So! As many of you know, I am a little compulsive (that seems to be a theme here, lately.. ahem) about holiday beads and I generally start making them realllllllllllly far in advance of the holiday. But! I think it's good to give my customers enough time to see the beads, buy the beads (please!) and make a holiday-themed piece of jewellery AND sell it prior to the holiday. Hence why I always start so early. Usually I start Halloween beads in July so, guess what? It's Halloween bead time! I absolutely LOVE making Halloween beads as it gives me an excuse (like I need one!) to make all the zombies, ghosts, witches, cauldrons, etc. that I want :) Watch this space for lots of Halloween glassy goodies in the near future :)

5. Apparently I like to make a liar out of myself. I'm sure I'm not alone here. On the heels of saying that I rarely eat any of the sweets I buy, I sat down last night with a pint of Phish Food (mmmm) and, after sticking it in the microwave for 30 seconds (what, you don't do that??), I proceeded to eat HALF THE PINT. OMG. Needless to say I felt slightly sick afterwards but, hey, that's ok. Luckily I have a whole, new pint in there as well. I get a little glassy-eyed just thinking about it. *drool*

Ok.. I think that covers all the stuff I wanted to discuss today. I think. Maybe. Who knows? I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I know I will!!!

Love,
keiara

P.S.- There are still some critters in my by keiara Etsy shop at 10% off! If you haven't looked, what are you waiting for? Are you trying to hurt my feelings? After all that we've shared?! Maybe we should go to counseling together. So I can prove I'm right. Cause isn't that what couple's counseling is really all about? Like, I want you to come to counseling with me so that the counselor and I can both tell you how very wrongity wrong wrong wrong you are! Or maybe that's just me. *cough*

0 comments:






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!