Wednesday, 4 February 2009
Steve bought me a Troll bracelet for our anniversary and I've started to fill it up! Of course I just had to try and see if I could create some of my more whimsical beads to fit the bracelet (the beads are made on much larger mandrels). I made this Sweet Cupcake bead yesterday. I think it looks pretty good!
I also made this little guy, Percival Pig. I just love his cute face! It's hard to get used to the hole orientation though, I'll admit. I'm used to vertical holes for animal beads. Anyway, I popped these two on my bracelet and they look adorable.
Saffie came over today and we talked glass, had sandwiches and I even talked her into a cupcake :) Saffie's so much fun to have around and I really love our little get togethers. We tend to end up chatting and not making too many beads though! She also quite generously let me borrow her 5mm mandrels which are the ones used for making these big hole beads. Thanks hon! I shall try my hand at more designs and see how I go. Any suggestions?
Ok off to make beads :) Hope you're having a wonderful day!
- ► 2010 (50)
- keiara's keepers: Noodlefish and Ollies Woollies
- yes, the Queen is back!
- it's me.. in the newspaper!
- my first treasury!!
- beads and jewellery for sale!
- pet portrait beads!
- NEW big hole beads!
- Yesterday I made tree beads and this is 'Lilac Tr...
- New beads for sale in my Etsy shop including Grin...
- ▼ February (11)
- by keiara - lampwork beads
- Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
- Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!