Wednesday 10 February 2010

new beads and Haiti Charity!

Hi everyone! How's your week going? Yesterday I had a wonderful student who definitely seems to be quite the natural.. AND he baked me cupcakes!! How awesome is that?! They were totally yummy too with lemony icing and edible glitter. Can you say 'heaven'?? Speaking of yummy, what do you think of the new lentil set? These are Mojito Trails (thanks for the name, M!) and this set is in my small lentil size. My norm for lentils is the 21mm size (hey, I like my jewellery chunky!) but I thought perhaps some of you might prefer slightly daintier lentils to work with so, here ya go :) These lentils are 18mm hole to hole and the set includes a matching earring pair AND a matching 21mm focal! Not bad, hmm?

And here they are left glossy. I LOVE this colour. They appear slightly more yellow in the pictures than in the flesh. They are the most delicious sour apple green. These are now listed in my lampwork bead shop under the Lovely Lentils category :) I'll be adding ALL of my lentils in these new smaller sets (complete with earring pair and focal) as I make them up. In the meantime, if you would like one of the larger sets made in this new, smaller size, all you have to do is email me and I'll get right on it ;)

In other news, The Collective's Charity Auction for Haiti is going GREAT! A huge thank you to everyone who has bid so far. If you haven't checked it out, please get yourself over there, pronto! There are plenty of glass artists, jewellery artists and textiles artists who have donated loads of gorgeous pieces to this cause. With 100% of the proceeds going directly to charity, you can't go wrong! Thank you so much for all your generosity so far.. we've already raised £610!!! Woohoo :)

I'm off to melt glass.. if I can stop staring at the snow!

Have a great day :)

Love,
keiara


1 comments:

Mel P said...

Thank you for blogging about the auction Lovely, these beads are beautiful, very fresh and spring like xxxxx






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!