Monday 20 July 2009

custom kitties and a hair update!

A lovely customer contacted me and asked if I could create some of my kitty focals to match pictures of fabric swatches. I told her I'd give it a go and these are the results! The black kitty shown above was the first one. I tried to capture the overall feel of the pattern as well as getting in as many of the different colours as possible. Considering the entire kitty is only 30mm tall, I'm quite pleased with the results :)



Next up is this sweet pink kitty. Again, it's pretty difficult to get the same amount of detail (in glass no less) on something so small. I wanted to make sure I captured the feel of the fabric but also some of the essential elements. Here I included a bird, the blue scroll/vine and a few leaves. The overall effect is quite similar :)

On to the hair! On Wednesday my friend Naomi came by and we chatted, had some lunch and late in the afternoon decided, what the heck, to go ahead and dye my hair. She did a GREAT job and I'm really happy with how bright it turned out! I'm so glad I decided to lighten it twice beforehand as I really think that made a big difference. Hopefully we'll get to installing the dreads this week.. YAY! :)

And because I just can't resist, here's a picture from yesterday! Steve, Kaia and I went to the Kent County Show (along with Kaia's friend Ariana). I'm a sucker for facepaint and the girls there are AMAZING! I asked for a 'gothy floral scroll-looking' design and this is what I got :) I LOVE it. The company is called Wacky Faces and they're based in Kent. Have a look at their website. I have NEVER seen such exquisite facepainting. They are true artists :)

Here's Kaia with her cute fish facepaint. The scales have this pretty, golden glittery sheen going on. She was very pleased and didn't wash it off until nearly bedtime! I know everyone says this but, seriously, my kid is so cute! Look at that face! Awww :)

How was your weekend? Do anything fun? I'm looking forward to a productive week and, hopefully, having my dreads installed. What are you up to?

Have a great week!

Love,
keiara



6 comments:

Lisa Atchison - Touch of Glass Designs said...

Hi Kieara! The face painting is AWESEOME...you look beautiful! Love your new kitties too! I had a great weekend, thanks! Perfect weather for torching, and I pulled a few good ones out of the kiln this morning that I will post tonight. Have a great day, and thanks for sharing all the art in your life :)

Karen said...

The Kitties looks great
I love your hair , the face painting is so cool pity you cant walk round all the time with it :O)

Beads by Clare Scott said...

W O W! The hair... the face... the kitties! So much fantastic talent in one post!! x

Eve Smith said...

The hair is stunning, it really sits you, the face painting is awesome as it you fantastic lampwork beads.

ChatElaine said...

Your kitties are really pretty, your hair is totally awesome I loooooovvve it!!! The face painting is stunning, exquisite, its a beautiful shot of you too.

by keiara - lampwork beads said...

thanks girls :) I wish I could wear the facepaint all the time too!!! more kitties coming soon ;) xox






About Me

My photo
Folkestone, Kent, United Kingdom
Hi! My name is keiara and I'm a native Floridian currently living in Folkestone, England. I am a hot glass and jewellery artist and I'm passionate about what I do! I love to 'talk shop' so feel free to contact me. Thanks for stopping by!